Project Management Professional
Project Management Professional (PMP) is a globally recognized professional certification. It is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), a US non-profit professional organization, the largest project management professional organization in the world, and is the preeminent certification for project managers. Especially, for those who wish to take the next step in their career. PMI gives you a 3-year certification cycle within which you have to renew the PMP credential. To renew PMP certification, you need to earn and report 60 Professional Development Units (PDU) over the 3 years after you got your PMP. There are two training sessions conducted every quater. Each session takes six days. To sit the exam, you first need to earn 35 contact hours/ PDUs. PDUs are the measuring unit used to quantify your professional development as part of the Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program. 1 PDU = 1 hour of learning/activity. You will earn the 35 PDUs by taking the PMP Training Course from UMI. Intakes are in (January, April, August).
– Examination roles and regulations
– Project Management framework
– Project Integration Management
– Project scope Management
– Project time management
– Project Cost Management
– Project Quality Management
– Project Communication Management
– Project Human Resource Management
– Project Risks Management
– Project Procurement Management
– Project Stakeholders Management
– Bachelor/equivalent university degree. 4500 hours of Project Management Experience.
– 3 years of Project Management Experience within the past six-year period prior to the application.
– 36 unique (non-overlapping) months of Project Management experience.
– 35 contact hours of Project Management education.
– High school diploma/equivalent secondary school credential.
– 7500 hours of Project Management Experience.
– Five years of Project Management Experience within the past eight-year period prior to the application.
– 60 unique (non-overlapping) months of project management experience.
– $30 for PMI local chapter (Registration fee)
– $600 for the Course (Tuition Fee)
– $165 for world class course materials (approved by PMI)
– $284 for PMI members (Exam fee)
– $389 for non-members (Exam fee)
Contact Person for PMP Admissions
Name: Dr. Martha Olwenyi
Uganda Management Institute
Plot 44-52 Jinja, Road, P.O. box 20131, Kampala, uganda
Tel No: 0772 574 677
For Inquiries: Tel No: +256 772 020306, Email: email@example.com