School of Civil Service, Public Administration and Governance
As the first strategic plan, the focus is to position the school as the bearer and preserver of the original mandate of the Uganda Management Institute that continuously reassures government that we are capable and available to innovatively furnish cutting age solutions for effective public administration, management and governance problems.
Dean Dr. Sylvester Kugonza
The School of Civil Service, Public Administration and Goverance is mandated to undertake research, consultancies, design and conduct wide range of world-class training programmes that enhance knowledge; skills, competencies and reinforce core values of Public Service and Public Sector in General.
Our brochures are your essential guide to studying with us, covering courses, fees and funding, career prospects and more.
The Institute is implementing the first year of SCPAG Strategic Plan In this period the SCPAG will be working to set itself apart as an acclaimed School of Public Administration, Management and Governance that excels in the provision of practical and sustainable administration, leadership and management capacity to the public sector. To be able to achieve this strategic stance, the School will continue to review its programmes with full participation of key stakeholders and ensure that the products and services delivered resonate with the expectations of public sector actors. In addition, innovative and practical ways and means will be sought continuously to meet the dynamic needs of the sector.
- Provide a wide range of world-class training programmes that build capacity of the Public Sector.
- Undertake research to enhance public policy processes and management systems.
- Offer innovative and practical consultancy services to the public sector.
- Enhance the capacity of the School to sustainably deliver its mandate.
Courses and Programmes Offered
The School constitutes two departments that offer a wide range of programmes as indicated below:
Department of Government Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Services Management and Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education Leadership and Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Healthcare Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management
- Diploma in Public Administration and Community Development
- Diploma in Records and Information Management
Department of Public Policy and Governance Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education Leadership and Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Communication Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Policy Analysis and Governance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Governance and Management