Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration & Management - Distance Learning
Public administration & management in the 21st century faces multiple challenges, reducing confidence in public institutions, limited financial resources, limited human resource capacity and constant changes in socio-economic, political and environmental contexts. Addressing these challenges necessitates re-skilling of staff, developing, implementing and evaluating new service delivery models, enhancing the responsiveness of the public service to needs of its clients, and adopting new knowledge and paradigms in public administration and management. Tthe programme is deemed necessary in order to strengthen the capacity of the public sector to respond effectively and efficiently to complex policy and management issues, think strategically in order to anticipate and plan for future challenges, and prepare managers to lead an increasingly diverse public workforce toward innovative solutions to public problems. The Programme comprises of twelve (12) modules, (4 Basic and 8 Core) conducted at UMI Main Campus. Upon completion, the programme enables graduates to enroll into related Master’s in Management Studies Degree (Public Administration and Management option).
A Good Degree from a Recognised University, OR a Recognised Relevant Professional Qualification and at least One years of working experience.
Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
If an applicant gained entrance to University through other means original documents to that effect should be presented.
- Mature Age Entry certificate, 25 years and above and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
- Diploma Entry obtained at credit/distinction level from a recognised institution.
The minimum duration for the Bachelor’s degree should be three years.
1. Management Skills Improvement
2. Management Information Systems
3. Research Methods
1. Quantitative Methods in Decision Making
2. Fundamentals of Public Administration and Management
3. Public Policy and Management
1. Results Oriented Management
2. Administrative Law and Ethics
3. Decentralisation and Sustainable Local Development
1. Public Sector Financial Management
2. Managing Human Resources
3. Monitoring and Evaluation in the Public Sector
FEES ITEMS TO BE PAID
|UGANDANS/EA (UGX)||INTERNATIONAL (USD)|
Tuition (Distance Learning)
|Application (Paid after Applying)||40,000||$16|
|Registration (Functional Fee)||100,000||$35|
|Examination (Functional Fee)||120,000||$40|
|Development (Functional Fee)||250,000||$80|
NCHE Fee (Click Here for Instructions)
|Student' Council (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Library (Functional Fee)||80,000||$30|
|Indentity Card (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Journal (Functional Fee)||30,000|
Study Time | Venue | Assessement
Requirements Needed to Apply
The Basic Requirements for the whole process include:
- An email address and contact number
- Your Academic Documents to pick details like Award Institution, Index Number (O and A level), year of award, etc.
- A Laptop/Computer with a Stable Internet Connection
- Click to access Guideline for the Online Application
- Note that a PDF Document (With all Qualifications) is attached after submitting the form
- The Payment (40,000 UGX) is made after Attaching the Documents