Postgraduate Diploma in Public Policy Analysis and Governance - DPPG
The core curriculum of the programme is in response to capacity gaps in policy analysis and programme evaluation initially identified in a commissioned study by the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development (MFPED) titled “Public sector Capacity For Policy, Gender and budget Analysis – Capacity Needs Assessment” in 2009 and reaffirmed by the National Development Plan (NDP). It is a combination of policy analysis, programme evaluation and governance. In particular, the program targets; Staff of Policy and Planning Units in Central and Local Governments, Academics and Researchers in Policy studies including Members of Policy Think Tanks, Heads of Government Departments at Intergovernmental Levels (e.g. East African Community), Central Governments and Chief Administrative Officers of Local and Regional Governments, Media Consultants, and those in Lobbying and Advocacy work. This programme comprises of 12 modules (4 basic and 8 cores modules). Upon completion, this programme enables graduates to enrol into related Master’s in Management Studies Degree (Public Policy Analysis and Governance option) at UMI
A Good Degree from a Recognised University, OR a Recognised Relevant Professional Qualification and at least One years of working experience.
Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
If an applicant gained entrance to University through other means original documents to that effect should be presented.
- Mature Age Entry certificate, 25 years and above and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
- Diploma Entry obtained at credit/distinction level from a recognised institution.
The minimum duration for the Bachelor’s degree should be three years.
2. Management Information Systems
3. Research Methods
4. Quantitative Methods in Decision Making
5. Administrative Law and Ethics
6. Public Governance and Leadership
2. Social Policy Analysis and Community Engagement
3. Economic and Public Finance Analysis
4. Policy and Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
5. Foreign Policy and International Relations
6. Governance Principles and Leadership Practices
FEES ITEMS TO BE PAID
|UGANDANS/EA (UGX)||INTERNATIONAL (USD)|
|Application (Paid after Applying)||40,000||$16|
|Registration (Functional Fee)||100,000||$35|
|Examination (Functional Fee)||120,000||$40|
|Development (Functional Fee)||250,000||$80|
NCHE Fee (Click Here for Instructions)
|Student' Council (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Library (Functional Fee)||80,000||$30|
|Indentity Card (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Journal (Functional Fee)||30,000|
Study Time | Venue | Assessement
Requirements Needed to Apply
The Basic Requirements for the whole process include:
- An email address and contact number
- Your Academic Documents to pick details like Award Institution, Index Number (O and A level), year of award, etc.
- A Laptop/Computer with a Stable Internet Connection
- Click to access Guideline for the Online Application
- Note that a PDF Document (With all Qualifications) is attached after submitting the form
- The Payment (40,000 UGX) is made after Attaching the Documents