Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems Management - DISM
Developments in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) have dramatically changed the way information is collected, stored, processed, disseminated and used. The programme delves on how information and communications technology can be used to achieve strategic goals. The focus is on the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge information system solutions to solve important organizational problems. This Programme comprises of twelve (12) modules, (4 Basic and 8 Core) and divided into two (2) semesters that shall be conducted at UMI Main Campus. Participants who obtain the Postgraduate Diploma with second class or above may be admitted to the Master of Management Studies (MMS) Degree Programme (Information Systems Management Option).
A Good Degree from a Recognised University, OR a Recognised Relevant Professional Qualification and at least One years of working experience.
Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
If an applicant gained entrance to University through other means original documents to that effect should be presented.
- Mature Age Entry certificate, 25 years and above and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
- Diploma Entry obtained at credit/distinction level from a recognised institution.
The minimum duration for the Bachelor’s degree should be three years.
2. Management Information Systems
3. Research Methods
4. Quantitative Methods in Decision Making
5. Information Technology Strategy, Governance and Audit
6. Systems Analysis and Design
2. Data Communications and Networks
3. Information System Security Management
4. Information System Project Planning and Management
5. Internet Technologies and Cloud Computing
6. Business Intelligence and Data Mining.
FEES ITEMS TO BE PAID
|UGANDANS/EA (UGX)||INTERNATIONAL (USD)|
Tuition (Day and Evening)
|Application (Paid after Applying)||40,000||$16|
|Registration (Functional Fee)||100,000||$35|
|Examination (Functional Fee)||120,000||$40|
|Development (Functional Fee)||250,000||$80|
NCHE Fee (Click Here for Instructions)
|Student' Council (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Library (Functional Fee)||80,000||$30|
|Indentity Card (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Journal (Functional Fee)||30,000|
Study Time | Venue | Assessement
Requirements Needed to Apply
The Basic Requirements for the whole process include:
- An email address and contact number
- Your Academic Documents to pick details like Award Institution, Index Number (O and A level), year of award, etc.
- A Laptop/Computer with a Stable Internet Connection
- Click to access Guideline for the Online Application
- Note that a PDF Document (With all Qualifications) is attached after submitting the form
- The Payment (40,000 UGX) is made after Attaching the Documents