Postgraduate Diploma in Health Services Management and Administration - DHSMA
Few sectors are expanding as quickly as health Services, and the growth is not expected to stop any time soon. This expansion is necessitated by the growing population and the need to extend healthcare services nearer to the people for better health. This expansion translates to plentiful job opportunities for those with the skills and training for this thriving sector of the job market. The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Services Management and Administration (DHSMA) aims to train and develop participants with a thorough knowledge of the legal, ethical, institutional, economic, technological and political environments of modern health services management. The Programme is designed for practicing health sector managers and aspiring health services managers who wish to gain skills needed to function effectively as managers in the broader health services context. The Programme comprises 12 compulsory modules which participants can complete in one academic year or over a period of three years
A Good Degree from a Recognised University, OR a Recognised Relevant Professional Qualification and at least One years of working experience.
Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
If an applicant gained entrance to University through other means original documents to that effect should be presented.
- Mature Age Entry certificate, 25 years and above and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
- Diploma Entry obtained at credit/distinction level from a recognised institution.
The minimum duration for the Bachelor’s degree should be three years.
2. Management Information Systems
3. Research Methods
4. Quantitative Methods in Decision Making
5. Fundamental of Health Services Management and Administration
6. Health Policy and Planning
2. Epidemiology and Disaster Management in Healthcare
3. Ethics and Integrity in Healthcare Management
4. Human Resource Management in Healthcare Organisations
5. Quality Management in Healthcare
6. Project Planning and Management in Health Services
FEES ITEMS TO BE PAID
|UGANDANS/EA (UGX)||INTERNATIONAL (USD)|
|Application (Paid after Applying)||40,000||$16|
|Registration (Functional Fee)||100,000||$35|
|Examination (Functional Fee)||120,000||$40|
|Development (Functional Fee)||250,000||$80|
NCHE Fee (Click Here for Instructions)
|Student' Council (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Library (Functional Fee)||80,000||$30|
|Indentity Card (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Journal (Functional Fee)||30,000|
Study Time | Venue | Assessement
Requirements Needed to Apply
The Basic Requirements for the whole process include:
- An email address and contact number
- Your Academic Documents to pick details like Award Institution, Index Number (O and A level), year of award, etc.
- A Laptop/Computer with a Stable Internet Connection
- Click to access Guideline for the Online Application
- Note that a PDF Document (With all Qualifications) is attached after submitting the form
- The Payment (40,000 UGX) is made after Attaching the Documents