Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management - Distance Learning (DFM-DL)
This Course is designed to increase technical and professional knowledge and skills in financial management, accountability, budgeting, auditing and financial monitoring for Mid-Career and Senior Executives in Private, Not for Profit Making Organizations, Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments and Public sector Organizations. The programme is best suited to benefit those officers who aspire to become Middle and Higher Level Managers of public, private and NGO sectors as well as civil society organisations. The course is comprised of 4 basic and 8 core totaling to 12 modules. It is modularized to enable participants study at their convenience by either completing the whole course in FOUR semesters or by completing its modules over a period of (3) consecutive years. Participants who obtain the Postgraduate Diploma with at least a second-Class Award may be admitted to the Master in Management Studies (MMS) Degree Programme (Financial Management Option).
- A Good Degree from a Recognised University, OR a Recognised Relevant Professional Qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ICSA, CIPS, CIM) and at least One years of working experience.
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
- If an applicant gained entrance to University through other means original documents to that effect should be presented.
- Mature Age Entry certificate, 25 years and above and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
- Diploma Entry obtained at credit/distinction level from a recognised institution.
- The minimum duration for the Bachelor’s degree should be three years.
1. Management Skills Improvement
2. Management Information Systems
3. Research Methods
1. Quantitative Methods in Decision Making
2. Financial Accounting & Reporting
3. Management Accounting
2. Computerized Accounting
3. Strategic Financial Management
2. Business Law
3. Public Sector Financial Accounting and Management
|FEES ITEMS TO BE PAID||UGANDANS/EA (UGX)||INTERNATIONAL (USD)|
Full Tuition (2 Years)
|Application (Paid after Applying)||40,000||$16|
|Registration (Functional Fee)||100,000||$35|
|Examination (Functional Fee)||120,000||$40|
|Development (Functional Fee)||250,000||$80|
NCHE Fee (Click Here for Instructions)
|Student' Council (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Library (Functional Fee)||80,000||$30|
|Indentity Card (Functional Fee)||20,000||$5|
|Journal (Functional Fee)||30,000|
Study Time | Venue | Assessement
Requirements Needed to Apply
The Basic Requirements for the whole process include:
- An email address and contact number
- Your Academic Documents to pick details like Award Institution, Index Number (O and A level), year of award, etc.
- A Laptop/Computer with a Stable Internet Connection
- Click to access Guideline for the Online Application
- Note that a PDF Document (With all Qualifications) is attached after submitting the form
- The Payment (40,000 UGX) is made after Attaching the Documents