Certified Public Accountant
Uganda Management Institute is fully accredited by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) to conduct lectures for students preparing for CPA Examinations. ICPAU is the only body authorised by law in Uganda to give certification for Professional Accountancy Practice in Uganda. This means that any person holding professional accountancy qualifications other than that given by ICPAU will still need to apply to and be certified by ICPAU before practicing accountancy in Uganda. CPA Uganda has four levels with 18 compulsory papers to be completed before one qualifies as an accountant in Uganda. Registration to attend CPA lectures at UMI is continuous throughout the year.
• Paper 1 – Financial Accounting
• Paper 2 – Economics and Enterprenuership
• Paper 3 – Quantitative Techniques
• Paper 4 – Management & Information Systems
• Paper 5 – Business and Company Law
• Paper 6 – Cost & Management Accounting
• Paper 7 – Financial Reporting
• Paper 8 – Financial Management
• Paper 9 – Auditing Ethics and Assurance
• Paper 10 – Management Decision and Control
• Paper 11 – Taxation
• Paper 12 – Advanced Financial Reporting
• Paper 13 – Public Financial Management
• Paper 14 – Strategy, Governance and Leadership
• Paper 15 – Advanced Financial Management
• Paper 16 – Audit Practice and Assurance
• Paper 17 – Advanced Taxation
• Paper 18 – Integration of Knowledge
CPA Programme Details
- At least two principle passes in Advanced Level and at least 5 credits in Ordinary level. For the ordinary level requirements, two of the credits must be in English and Mathematics.
- Registration as CPA student is carried out at ICPAU Offices at Bukoto Street, Kamwokya at a cost of Ug. Shs. 120,000.
- Students intending to attend CPA lectures at Uganda Management Institute, can be assisted by the institute to carry out their CPA student registration.
- Aspiring CPA Students who have attended higher institutions of learning are advised to present their transcripts for those higher qualifications to ICPAU to determine whether and what exemptions they are entitled to.
All CPA Particpants
– UGX 40,000 (Admission Fee)
– UGX 200,000 per Paper (Level 1 Course Fee)
– UGX 250,000 per Paper (Level 2 Course Fee)
– UGX 300,000 per Paper (Level 3 Course Fee)
These costs are in addition to Examination Fees which are payable directly to ICPAU.
FAQs | Study Time and Exams
Intakes: January, April and August
Branch: Kampala (Evening & Weekend) | Mbarara, Gulu & Mbale (Weekend Only)
Study Time: Evening (18:00 – 21:00) | Weekend (08:30 – 18:00)
Exam Sessions: ICPAU conducts CPA examinations in all papers three time a year; end of May, end of August and end of November.
Contact Person for CPA Admissions
Name: Dr. Othieno U. Wilson
Uganda Management Institute
Plot 44-52 Jinja, Road, P.O. box 20131,
Tel No: 0776 021206; 0705 221205
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Admissions: Tel No: +256 772 020306 Email: email@example.com