To develop capacity and undertake research and Consultancies at all levels in the areas of Information Technology, Computer Science, Records and Information Science, Information Systems and Office Administration.
Objectives of ITD:
- To develop the Department as the national apex center for Computer Science and Information Technology and promote Computer Science and Information Technology.
- To promote, and augment linkages, alliances and affiliations with national and international scientific and research institutions, and other organizations working in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology.
- To collect, assimilate, publish and disseminate data and information on aspects relevant to Computer Science and Information Technology to the academic and scientific community.
- To establish, operate and maintain state-of-the-art facilities and database for carrying out research and development activities and make such facilities and database available to academics, scientists and researchers.
- To provide customized training on request as may deem fit in line with the Departments’ Mandate.
- To undertake extramural studies, extension programmes and field outreach activities to contribute to the development of the society/community.
- To foster partnership with other IT training Institutions and Researchers.
- To Develop/enhance the competency of staff.
- To participate in the recruitment and retention of staff.