The Department of Government Studies (DGS), is located in the School of Civil Service, Public Administration and Governance.
- To undertake consultancy, design and facilitate short and long courses in public policy and good governance
- To promote research and discussion of contemporary public policy issues
- Design, conduct long and short courses in policy and evaluation related fields for public sector, media and NGOs personnel
- Undertake policy research
- Respond with bespoke training and consultancy services to requests by public sector agencies
- Propose interdisciplinary dialogue in selected areas of public policy studies in order to develop leadership in policy analysis and evaluation